Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Live 2 Brag

I shall now catch ya'll up on this crazy ride that is my life as a parent (AKA, BRAGGING, hehe):

The big boy (CJ) is doing so much better in kindergarten! He is actually reading on his own now. Not pre-reading, but actually reading AND spelling. Even better than that, he loves it! One of his favorite pastimes is to perform in mock spelling bees with me. SOOO CUTE!! In addition, his marks in behavior have been consistently excellent for several weeks now. He also has become quite interested in learning to play the piano. He will begin lessons today with yours truly! ; )



One thing I did not see coming, was the eagerness the twins are exhibiting in learning to read, spell and write because CJ is doing the same. Of course (like many parents) we always hoped that CJ would be a good influence in that way to the twins, but since they don't get along most of the time, I simply did not see this hope coming to fruition. I love that it has!!

Though the growing pains for our family have been difficult, the rewards are great! I am very proud of my kids, can ya tell?!?!?!

BTW, just an update on quitting smoking:
I am now 1 Month, 1 Day, 11 Hours and 20 Minutes into my new nicotine-free lifestyle. While extending my life expectancy by 2 Days and 6 Hours and I have avoided smoking 649 cigarettes that would have cost me $97.55. I am also proud to say the my hubby is right there with me, too. YEA!!!!

No comments: