Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A New Thing 2 Try

This Monday on our free day off we went ice skating! It was the first time on the ice for the kids. And it had been way too many years since D and I had skated, so I was not sure how it would go. We discovered, however, that they really enjoyed it. CJ more so than the twins I think. (But then again, he excels in nearly every sport he tries, so no surprise there.) They were all troopers with trying something new and did much better than I had thought they might.

However they did fall...a lot. The poor things look like they have been abused. They have bruises in places I did not even know a human could bruise. CJ has one that covers his entire elbow and about an inch all the way around it. BA has one on her bum that is questionable at the very least. BB's knees and legs look like he has been pelted with small stones. Not pretty at all.

D and I, thankfully did not fall. But considering age, fitness, old injuries and holding ourselves and the kids steady, I have been feeling it pretty bad this week. I believe "hardly able to walk or move" would accurately describe my days following our "ice-capade" on Monday. D handled it much better than I and actually had to work from home one day because I questioned my ability to adequately take care of the little ones. Sad, so sad.

I believe that my lack of fitness and the extra weight has definitely exacerbated my symptoms. So I have vowed to return to my healthy lifestyle as of today. I know what to do, I have just for some idiotic reason decided to abandon it for the last YEAR! I am getting way to old to ignore my health, wellness and fitness needs. Not to mention the 3 pairs of eyes looking to me daily for guidance to their own health and wellness. Yep, I definitely must get back to my old, much healthier, ways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skating is something that I am going to require my child learn, because I hate being so timid on the ice myself. I only took lessons for a year as a child. I should been forced to stick with it.