Monday, February 13, 2006

Snow day? Really?!?!

Hey, I thought is was a pretty good snowman, you know, for a family from Texas and all. : )

The kids THIGH-HIGH in the white stuff Sunday morning.









Apparently, Fairfax Co. Public Schools treat snow as if it were anthrax and feel it would be much too dangerous to expose their students to learning when it is on the GROUND!!! Come on people, the streets are clearer and safer today than they would be if it had rained!!

In all fairness, it was pretty cool this weekend when D was home and our entire family was able to enjoy the snow (snowmen, snow ramps, sledding, etc.) TOGETHER. But HE went to work today and I am not as adventurous with all three when I am on my own because their behavior takes a nose-dive when he is not around.

Example of behavior when Dad is MIA: my oldest son went out in the front yard first thing this morning to sled on the snow ramp we made. I decided to check on him five minutes later. As I am opening the blinds, I see my first born hurling an enormous icy chunk of snow at a passing truck. So now I have one that will be grounded the rest of day, just the icing on the cake! FUN (she screams sarcastically)!!!

So if you believe in God, please pray today for all the moms who are home, and on their own, with ALL their children on this completely ridiculously wasted "snow day". Thank you!

No comments: